sailing course for beginners
An intensive course is for people who prefer to acquire skills quickly and intensively.
We guarantee a fun week and a deep immersion in the world of sailing.
It is a non-certified course designed for beginner sailors so that you can learn or further sharpen your sailing skills
It is a course that is not accredited by RYA but includes comprehensive and intense lessons and practical experience on a sailboat that is equivalent of a combination of RYA Competent Crew, RYA Day Skipper course and elements of a Coastal Skipper
If you are new to sailing and planning to buy your own boat or be able to charter a boat, experience and knowledge are even more important then certificate to be able to safely operate a sailboat.
Additionally, at the end of the week, we can sign nautical miles for your logbook
You will learn boat terminology, knots, tacking, gybing, points of sail, basic docking, safety procedures, and more!
Age: for all adults (16-18 years with the signature of a parent or guardian)
Prerequisites: Ready to have fun in safe learning environment !
Min. Requirements: swimming skills and willingness to exercise
Accommodation: Maritime zone: Island of Krk ,North Adriatic
08:30 – introduction to the program
10:15 – departure
13:00 – Lunch break (anchoring)
14:00 – navigation
17:00 – return to the marina and reorganizing ship
Four days we are based in Punat and we sail the Kvarnerić archipelago with accommodation on board the a sailboat makes this course ideal for gaining mileage necessary for various certificates and ideal for gaining practical skills under three days we are navigating the wider North Adriatic archipelago (islands of Krk, Rab, Cres, Lošinj, Ilovik) and we’ll be sailing around 30 miles every day which.
The intensive course is conceived in a way that every participant will go through each position onboard – skipper, trim of mainsail, jib, and Genoa, gennaker, anchoring, docking, etc.
During the intensive course, you will gain valuable experiences sailing because of we sail under almost all weather conditions and this will be an opening towards an offshore way of sailing.
This course includes one night under sails while the crew is divided into 4 hours shifts and each participant will go through every duty on board sailboat necessary for safe and efficient sailing.
Navigating under stars or clouds has its own charm and you need to see it for yourself.
- 7 days sailing course in the North Adriatic sea
- Basic features and sailing terminology
- Getting to know a sailboat
- Safety at sea basics
- Basics of sailing, a wind rose
- Sailing in a defined course
- Turning windward and leeward
- Meteorology basics
- Navigation basics
- Boating Knots
- A thorough introduction to equipment and sailboat systems
- Use of meteorology
- Route selection, setting the course and navigation in relation to a weather forecast, wind, and meteorological conditions
- Night watch
- Night navigation
- Cooking on boat
- Introduction to equipment and sailboat systems
- Sailing in and out of the port/marina
- Anchoring – choosing the right position and performing anchoring
- Bow/stern, port, and starboard side berthing
- Avoiding collisions, navigation
- Safety at sea – man overboard maneuver
- How to use Safety equipment
Availability and Pricing:
Duration: 7 days
Location-island Krk , North Adriatic
- Accommodation: on a sailboat, twin cabin
- Included in the price: accommodation, instructor, fuel, berth, tourist tax
- Not included in the price: food and drinks
Price/person 800 €
Start date: 25.04.2020
Start date: 30.05.2020
Start date: 20.06.2020
Start date: 18.07.2020
Start date: 05.09.2020